If you’re like me, you’re always on the lookout for new coding activities for your kids. It can be tough to find good, educational activities that don’t require a computer or phone. That’s why I’ve put together a list of free printable coding worksheets. All of these activities are perfect for young kids who are just starting to learn about coding. You can download the printables or set up the activity in Google slides!
Today, I’m going to share some cool activities to help your kids learn one of the basic coding concepts – sequence.
Sequencing is the order in which instructions are performed. In the worksheets below, the instructions are represented by arrows in four directions. Students are required to drag the arrows in order to help the school bus to get to school.
There are 3 levels of difficulties so your students won’t get overwhelmed. The first level just requires two simple instructions, the second and third require three and four sequential instructions respectively.
Learn Sequence through Hands-On Activities
Get your students to understand sequence with our free printables. They’re super easy to prepare, too!
- Print out the worksheets.
- Do activities from page 5 to page 11, in each page.
- Cut the arrow blocks on the right column.
- Stick them to the empty grids on the left by following the instructions in each activity.
There are many ways you can make your classroom more interactive and engaging for the learners. Here are some ideas:
- Instead of cutting and gluing the blocks, you could get your students to connect the school bus to school using markers. Make sure they can only go 4 directions: up, down, left, and right.
- You could also use other objects like lego blocks, foam stickers, craft buttons, to name a few. Let your student place the object (i.e., red button) in the empty grids.
Set up the Activity in Google Classroom
Set up the activity in Google Classroom
You can also set up the activity in google classroom, which is perfect for remote learning, follow the steps below, then just let your student drag the arrows on the right to the grids, super easy to set up!
These free coding worksheets are a great way to introduce sequencing and problem-solving skills. They’ll also help your child develop their spatial reasoning, logical thinking, and critical thinking skills as they work through these activities.
I hope you enjoyed these 7 printable coding worksheets and found them useful! Be sure to let me know which ones were your favorites or what other types of educational activities we should post. My goal is to make this blog a safe, fun place for kids who are interested in learning more about STEM.
Want more advanced learn sequence activities? Check out part 2.